AlphaServer 2100 was introduced in 1994. It was one of the fist Alpha servers with PCI bus. The secondary bus is EISA. There were EV4x and EV5x versions. Here are the characteristics:
- The chipset is Cbus.
- Family: Sable
- Sable, EV4, 200MHz, 640MB RAM
- Sable45, EV45, 233MHz, 275MHz, 1GB RAM
- Gamma, EV5 250, EV5 300, EV56 375MHz, 1GB RAM
- 1-4 CPUs
- 2GB RAM (1GB if there are 4 CPUs). Note that
- OpenVMS 6.2 supports up to 2GB RAM
- Digital UNIX 3.2 supports up to 2GB RAM
- Windows NT 3.51 supprts up to 1GB RAM
- 3 PCI slots/8 EISA slots.
- Runs OpenVMS starting from 6.1 (at least for EV4).
- Runs Tru64 (OSF/1) starting from 2.0 (EV4 ???).
AlphaServer 2100 can be replaced by AlphaVM. AlphaVM-Pro 2.x directly emulates AlphaServer 2100.