AlphaServer 4000 belongs to the Rawhide family. Its code name is Wrangler/Durango. Here are the characteristics:
- Introduced in 1996
- Family: Rawhide
- 300 MHz EV5, 2MB cache
- 400 MHz EV56, 4MB cache
- 466 MHz EV56, 4MB cache
- 533 MHz EV56, 4MB cache
- 500 MHz EV56, 8MB cache
- The core logic chipset is Rawhide.
- 1- 2 CPUs (EV5 or EV56),
- Up to 2GB RAM,
- 8-16 PCI slots including 3 shared PCI/EISA.
- Enclosure: pedestal or rackmount.
- Runs OpenVMS starting from 6.2-1h3
- Runs Tru64 starting from 3.2F
- Runs Windows NT starting from 3.51.
AlphaServer 4000 can be replaced by AlphaVM.