We offer a line of products called AlphaVM. AlphaVM is a virtual machine that:
- emulates a whole DEC/Compaq/HP Alpha AXP system includuing the peripherals,
- is targeted to replace ageing Alpha systems,
- runs on a modern computer system with Linux or Windows,
- runs OpenVMS or Tru64/Digital UNIX
Why migrate to AlphaVM? Simply because it lowers your risks and reduces the ownership costs.
- The chance that the new hardware fails is lower.
- The maintenance of new hardware is cheaper than of the old hardware.
- The energy bill is lower with the new hardware.
- The new hardware takes less space in your room. AlphaVM runs even on a laptop.
- The migration to AlphaVM does not require any changes in your software; the migration risks are low.
The virtual machine is more flexible than your old physical machine:
it is easier to backup, clone, or experiment with your configuration.
AlphaVM-Pro on E3-1270 v3 CPU (3.5GHz) runs at about 1000 VUPs!
See the benchmark page for the details about AlphaVM performance.
A new product AlphaVM-Basic is now available.
It is designed for hobbyist use, although its license also allows commercial use.
This product is a replacement for the discontinued AlphaVM-Free.
The AlphaVM-Pro IEEE FP performance has been significantly improved.