We offer a line of products called AlphaVM. AlphaVM is a virtual machine that:
- emulates a whole DEC/Compaq/HP Alpha AXP system includuing the peripherals,
- is targeted to replace ageing Alpha systems,
- runs on a modern computer system with Linux or Windows,
- runs OpenVMS or Tru64/Digital UNIX
Why migrate to AlphaVM? Simply because it lowers your risks and reduces the ownership costs.
- The chance that the new hardware fails is lower.
- The maintenance of new hardware is cheaper than of the old hardware.
- The energy bill is lower with the new hardware.
- The new hardware takes less space in your room. AlphaVM runs even on a laptop.
- The migration to AlphaVM does not require any changes in your software; the migration risks are low.
The virtual machine is more flexible than your old physical machine:
it is easier to backup, clone, or experiment with your configuration.
AlphaVM is now also available on FreeBSD!
the field test AlphaVM-Free 1.5.0
The AlphaVM release 1.4 is now stable. The latest stable release is 1.4.11.
AlphaVM-Pro on E3-1270 v3 CPU (3.5GHz) seems to perform at about 950 - 1000 VUPs.
The performance data will be measured systematically an published at the benchmark page.